How can I create a strong password?
Protect yourself by creating a strong password for your online account.
Your email password is one of the most important passwords you have online. If someone gains access to your email account, it is easy for them to reset other passwords to other sites you use by requesting replacements passwords via your email.
A strong password for your HomeAway account:
- must contain numbers and letters
- must be 7-32 characters
- cannot use a previous password
- cannot contain commonly used terms such as password, dog, or homeaway.
- cannot contain a series of numbers or letters such as 1234, 1111, abcd or aaaa.
Here is how you can change your password:
- Sign into your account.
- Click My Account.
- Select Account settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Security tab or scroll down to Account protection section.
- Click Edit next to Password.
- Enter your current password, and then enter your new password twice.
- Click Save changes.