How do I cancel a traveller’s reservation?
When you have an established cancellation policy on your listing, travellers can cancel their reservation on their own if they are eligible for a 100% refund. They will receive the refund based on the stated cancellation policy of the reservation. For more information about cancellation policy options, please refer to the related articles.
In some cases, travellers are not eligible for a 100% refund or you may not have had a stated cancellation policy set up in your House Rules at the time of the booking. In these cases, the traveller needs to request a cancellation from their account.
You will then need to approve the traveller’s request, process their cancellation and issue any eligible refund amount. Additionally, there may be times you need to initiate a cancellation. The steps below will guide you through these both scenarios.
- Log in to your account.
- If you have more than one listing, click on the appropriate property.
- Click Reservation Manager in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Select Reservations List.
- Click the reservation to open up the details.
- Click Cancel Reservation at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the most accurate reason for cancellation in the drop-down.
- If the traveller has initiated a request to cancel, this option will show by default. Traveller initiated cancellations do not affect your ranking metrics.
- If the traveller has not requested to cancel, this option will not be available in the drop-down. All other cancellation reasons will affect your ranking metrics.
By default, the refund amount will match your cancellation policy. In order to refund a traveller all fees and payments, a 100% refund must be given. Confirm the cancellation and refund amounts and click Cancellation Refund.