How do I set up my payment terms?
- Log in to your account.
- Select the listing you want to edit.
- Click the Calendar icon located in the left navigation menu.
- Select Rates from the drop-down menu.
- Click Rates settings and select Payment Terms.
- If you require 100% of the payment at the time of booking, select 1 under number of payments.
- If you allow your guests to make multiple payments, select 2 or 3 under number of payments.
- Enter the percentage due under each payment schedule
- Select the desired number of days due prior to check-in.
- Click Save.
The traveller’s first payment will include any percentage you have set, plus any applicable taxes and fees for the entire reservation. If a booking request comes in after your last payment request would normally be due, the full amount will be required at the time of booking. For example, you require 50% of the rental amount due at the time of booking and 50% due 60 days before check-in. If a guest requests to book your property 59 days before check-in, they will be required to pay in full to complete the booking.
There are some situations where updating a quote will cause the payment schedule to change. If you have set up your payment terms to require a single installment, you cannot change this if the booking is within 15 days. If the stay is further out, you can edit the schedule before sending out a new payment request.